Have you spelt your company name correctly?
Recent changes at Companies House mean that from September 1st 2011 they will no longer be accepting accounts for companies who have spelt their own name incorrectly or with minor variations. This is to ensure that new accounts are entered into the correct company files.
However only the following abbreviations will be acceptable:
- Any name ending listed below,
- ‘Co’ instead of ‘company’,
- ’&’ instead of ‘and’.
For public companies:
- public limited company
- cwmmi cyfyngedig cyhoeddus
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Partneriaeth Atebolrwydd Cyfyngedig,
For private limited companies:
For Community Interest Companies (private limited):
- Community Interest Company
- Cwmni Buddiant Cymunedol
For Community Interest Companies (public limited):
- Community Interest Public Limited Company
- Community Interest PLC
- Community Interest P.L.C.
- Cwmni Buddiant Cymunedol Cyhoeddus Cyfyngedig
- Cwmni Buddiant Cymunedol CCC
- Cwmni Buddiant Cymunedol C.C.C.
Ok, so it’s not the most exciting blog post we’ve ever written, but it’s worth knowing and could save you a pretty penny in Companies House fines!