Last week, London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) launched its annual 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain report, which celebrates some of the fastest-growing and most dynamic small and medium-sized enterprises in the UK. We at DueDil were delighted to work with the LSEG in supporting this project for the fourth year running.
As well as identifying 1000 companies, the annual report examines in detail the opportunities and challenges facing SMEs and looks at the sectors and trends that will shape the future of the UK economy.
The report in numbers
- Companies’ revenue growing at an exceptional average rate of 71% on average, continuing previous year’s rate of 70%, despite strong economic headwinds.
- All UK regions represented, with 60% of companies from outside London and the South East.
- 34% of companies are from the Northern Powerhouse and Midlands Engine regions.
- Companies in the North West are the fastest growing with 232% annual average revenue growth.
- Report features companies in both traditional industries and more recent economic success stories; largest sector represented is Engineering and Construction with 132 companies, followed by Information Technology with 72 companies.
- Financial Services is one of the fastest growing sectors with an average annual revenue growth rate of more than 461%, followed by Engineering and Construction at 109%.
- Five companies have featured in the ‘1000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ report series over the past five years.
Getting to 1000
DueDil identified the final list of companies by focusing on several key performance indicators including:
- Company Status: Ensuring companies were active and registered in the UK.
- Size & Age: Companies were required to be at least three years old, with revenue between £6m and £250m.
- Financial Performance: Weighted annual revenue growth over a three-year period.
Companies that met these criteria were audited and ranked by their financial performance over the last three years, resulting in the final list presented in the report.
Businesses of all sizes use DueDil to identify fast-growing companies and build lists of target customers. With over 100 search filters and complete company information, DueDil is the ideal solution for identifying and understanding new prospects.
Find out more about how DueDil can help your business identify fast-growing companies and target ideal prospects.