- Tesco PLC
- Company number
- Company type
- Public limited with share capital
- Incorporation date
- 27 Nov 1947
- SIC 2003
- 5211 — Retail Sale In Non-Specialised Stores With Food, Beverages Or Tobacco Predominating
- SIC 2007
- 47110 — Retail Sale In Non-Specialised Stores With Food, Beverages Or Tobacco Predominating
- Related names
- Tesco direct, Dunnhumby, Every little helps, Kx, Tesco Extra, Tesco Mobile, Tesco Metro, Tesco DVD Rental, Tesco Kipa, Vin Plus, Tesco Bank, Spenhill Developments
- Registered Address Tesco House Shire Park Kestrel Way
Welwyn Garden City
- Other addresses and contact information
- Find contact information in the Locations tab
- Go to Locations
|25 Aug 1983||Present||Tesco PLC|
|27 Nov 1947||25 Aug 1983||Tesco Stores (Holdings) Public Limited Company|
- Industry Keywords
- retail sales fashion stores tobacco pharmaceuticals food banking beverages storage sales supermarket e-commerce
- Turnover (500M to Max)
- 50 and more
DueDil descriptionTesco PLC was incorporated on 27 Nov 1947 and is located in Welwyn Garden City. The company's status is listed as "Active". It currently has 14 directors.
SupermarketAdd a description
Tesco is one of the world's largest retailers with operations in 14 countries, employing over 530,000 people and serving millions of customers every week.Tesco's Core Purpose is: We make what matters better, together. It is true to where we came from but more relevant to today and to the kind of company we want to be.
Tesco PLC, trading as Tesco, is a British multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer with headquarters in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom. It is the third largest retailer in the world measured by profits and ninth-largest retailer in the world measured by revenues.
Companies House description
A group engaged in retailing and associated activities in the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, Japan and China.